Oral cancer is a deadly illness that afflicts tens of thousands of people every year. Cancer screenings are vital to check for oral cancer, so look for the following signs that may alert you to potential oral cancer:
– Watch for changes within your smile including drastic weight loss, changes in your teeth’s alignment, and issues when speaking or eating.
– Sometimes, wounds that do not heal fast in your head and face could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Relentless sore throats and pains in the back of your throat could be signs of something more severe, including signs of oral cancer.
– Look for visible signs of anything unusual in your face, including irregular or abnormal colored and speckled patches, bumps and lumps, and eroded areas with your gums.
– Bleeding from your mouth often and regularly is a symptom of oral cancer.
– Occasional bouts of numbness or uncharacteristic pains within the facial area may be a sign of an underlying disorder.
No matter which oral cancer treatment you desire, Dr. Samy Samaan and our team at Royal Dental Spa will make sure that your smile is properly screened for any signs of the disease. To schedule an oral cancer screening at our dentist office in Roswell, Georgia, please contact us at 678-878-2801. A healthy smile is a happy smile!