There are many tasty treats that can be dangerous to your teeth and oral health. In fact, did you know some treats are so high in acidity levels they are almost the same as a car battery acid levels? Yes, it’s true! Understanding the foods dangerous to your teeth and by avoiding them could help keep your teeth healthy.
Our dentist, Dr. Samy Samaan, is here for your oral health care needs. That includes our team at Royal Dental Spa in Roswell, Georgia, who is happy to share with you a list of tasty treats that are threats to your oral health.
Here is a list of foods that can be treacherous to your oral health:
– Popcorn kernels and popcorn balls can not only crack your teeth but can become wedged between your teeth or deep in your gums causing a toothache.
– Very hard candy, like lollipops, candy canes or jawbreakers, is known to chip or crack teeth and stick to your tooth enamel increasing the risk of cavities and gum disease.
– Sugary foods are capable of eating through your tooth enamel causing them to rot, which is why it’s ideal to avoid sugary foods.
– Chewy food, like gummy candy, can linger in your mouth long after you eat them because they hang on to your teeth and can weaken your tooth enamel.
– Sour candy is almost the precise same levels in acids as car battery acid and hazardous to your teeth.
As you can see, some of these foods are truly treacherous for your teeth. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you are in need of your six-month checkup, please consider giving us a call at 678-245-4952 to make an appointment.